Monday, October 21, 2019

It's about time...


Hi all,
I'm finally getting to my first blog post. First I had to set the thing up, and that was a bit of a learning curve. Learning as I go. Just like the rest of this thing called life. Love it!
My Children - Jasmine, Joshua, and Elijah, and four grandchildren - Cole and Millie, and Julius and Willow are planted in my heart and I carry them with me always. I want to say thank you to my friends in Vermont for your help, support and love. I look forward to seeing you all next summer.  Bill and Susan, thank you for allowing me to park and live at your place throughout the summer. Your love and kindness meant so much to me.
I headed out in my RV named Aretha on October 2, 2019. I left Vermont and headed toward Meadville PA (nortwest corner) to see some dear old friends. I slept at a Cracker Barrel that night. I arrived on the 3rd and was enveloped in the arms of love. My friend Tracy and her husband Rich have always felt like home to me, and I'm so blessed by their friendship.
We spent a lot of time visiting and eating delicious foods! We went for walks and I tried out my new electric bike. It is an awesome thing and I'm really enjoying it. Thank you so much Dad for this unbelievable gift! I am learning how useful and fun it will be as I travel along. 
From there I headed to a campground in Lenoir, NC for a few days. Nice place. I parked next to a creek, and could hear its voice from inside my home the whole time. Good quiet time to work on some things. I enjoyed swinging on a bench by a pond watching this group of white ducks (true). One day they swam over to me looking for food. It didn’t take them long to figure out I didn’t have anything for them. As they turned around and swam away, one of them kept honking like he was insulted or pissed or both. It cracked me up.
Next I headed to Black Mountain, North Carolina to work at the LEAF festival for 3 days. It was for Tom Givens at THE SUGAR SHACK. Tom actually made it possible to park Aretha on the grounds so I could sleep in my home. I had never worked at a festival before and it was interesting and fun. Luckily the team was patient with me. The Sugar Shack is quite a popular place and people seem to LOVE it. Breakfast items all day, plus the ever popular Veggie Thing! I worked with some great people and enjoyed the learning experience. Thanks guys!
I left there yesterday and slept at a Pilot truck stop. I’m parked at a Walmart at the moment writing this post. Heading to meet my friend Keith Williams in Charlotte this afternoon.  
White ducks

Rich making bread
Tracy
 at LEAF Festival

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Stefani! Good for you to step toward your adventure and hit the road. I'm glad you've joined the WARP
    ed group too on RVillage. Happy trails! P.S. (I have a blog as well!)

    ReplyDelete

Made It Home!

THE ENDING OF ONE EPIC JOURNEY Wow. Sometimes it's still hard to believe I'm back here in Vermont.  But it also hardly feels like I ...